Jim Isaak's Web Site
Welcome to my site
Post being paid for my work I've been volunteering in various areas:
- STEM & Life long learning Class syllabuses and information
- Classes here have focused on social impact of technology, critical thinking, and underlying questions that span from physics to metaphysics about what we think we know, and why we think we know it, and the underlying nature of reality.
- Resource list on Pervasive, Invasive & Persuasive Technology (AI & Social Media)
- Jim's Recent: reading list
- A Window into the Future --- some Predictions and Implications
- TEDx New Hampshire: Amoskeag Mill yard
- Commentary on various, typically tech, related things ..(sort of blog like)
Most of my work here has been with IEEE (see points below) at the global and local levels from the Board of Directors, President of the Computer Society, Vice President of the Society on Social Implications of Technology, to the New Hampshire Life Member Committee and Region 1 Industry Liaison.
- Predictive Fiction ... how do we talk about the impact of technology, before the impact of technology?
Links to my Linkedin page and to
Did you know that IEEE:
- Is the world's largest professional society for technologists?
- publishes over 250,000 technical papers per year which are the most cited in U.S. Patents by a factor of 3!
- is the organization that created and maintains the WiFi (and Ethernet, POSIX...) standards
- spans fields from Power and Energy Systems, Communications and Computers to Engineering in Medicine and Biology and the Social Implications of Technology